Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Reason

Over the last few days, I have encountered an unexpected feeling of anxiety. I don't have a great reason for it, but I keep tripping over it just the same.

Everything is going pretty well actually. I wonder if that is part of the anxiety?

I used to think every time something good happened, something bad was coming. Cosmic karma if you will. I think it was my way of feeling like I controlled the Universe. So if I didn't allow myself to admit, and enjoy the good things, then the bad thing wouldn't come. On some level, it made perfect sense to me. Except it kept me from ever really enjoying life.

I've come a long way, but maybe I haven't completely left it behind. Maybe remnants are still rooted deep, like tree roots waiting to trip me up. I think it's time to hunt out the emotional tree stump and pull it out.

2 comments:

  1. Let go and let it happen.
    BTW @ color studies for Quill are up!
    http://catfromhell.wordpress.com/quill/
    Kisses Nellie's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie and The "Girls"October 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

    In life we must get scraped knees, bumps and bruises! But, without them how do we learn? Although its easier said then done...I agree with Nellie's Mom, just let it go!

    Laurie

    PS: You write two of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete