Monday, March 4, 2013

Playing Hooky

Friday I played hooky from work with a friend. It was such a nice time.

What is it about taking time out from the routine that just can perk you up? I really needed a break.  We window shopped till we dropped. 

Maybe I should take another time out and see a movie in the middle of the week. Scandalous.

I know my hooky days are pretty tame, but still it was enough.

I think it's time to move forward with getting the screenplay out into the world. In the meantime it's been an odd time of mental rest.

The story has been in my head - demanding to be let out - for so long. It feels different to not have it pressing against my conscious for awhile.

Have you ever had a creative idea move in to your head and refuse to leave until it's been expressed?

Next time one takes root I'll be less afraid of that feeling and be faster about getting it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment