Thursday, May 9, 2013

Irritated with Myself

I am starting to feel a little cross with myself. I have a ton of things I should be doing and I'm not doing any of them. I am very busy - distracting myself.

If I could be okay with avoiding things that would be one thing, but I'm not. I spend more mental energy being upset with myself than it would take to just get it done. It's such a waste of time and effort.

I guess they call it a block for good reasons. I do feel all blocked up. I need to get back to a place of optimism to a place of confidence.

So this weekend I am going to have some conversations with myself and my creator and ask for some help to move forward again. I need some help to embrace whatever the next phase is going to look like.

I think I am going to take myself out on a date. Treat myself to something that interests me and feeds that part of me that needs a little TLC. I'm not sure what it will be yet - but I think it seems like a positive step to take... to offer myself love instead of just being a harsh critic.

What do you do to treat yourself with kindness?

6 comments:

  1. I go to yoga class and let someone else tell me what to do for an hour...it's freeing to merely do as you are told.

    Happy Belated Anniversary, you two are one of the sweetest couples I know.

    It's so nice out--treat yourself to a walk on your "break" at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pedicure. I enjoy it when my feet and toes look nice but I don't really enjoy doing it for myself. So for about $30 + tip, I treat myself to a mani/ pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go out wandering - to junk shops, antique shops. Stop at coffee shop and get a good iced latte and something sweet.

    Then head to pilates - it is good to have someone push you around for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retail therapy when I have energy. When I don't have energy, I do it online! I have been told that in order to be able to "move on" or recover, it is necessary to only do things which are non stress inducing for a while. In other words, indulging is a good thing! Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last weekend I went to the beach for a couple of days and it was wonderful. I spent some time just watching the waves and trying NOT to think.
    It was great. I came away realizing I must work on losing weight. I am up to 300 now. I can't believe it but it is true. So difficult but I feel so horrible all the time I HAVE to try. Usually I treat myself with food. SHOCKER, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I don't think I have figured out what to do...

    ReplyDelete