Monday, May 14, 2012

Chirp!

When I said the house was too quiet to work this weekend - I think someone got the wrong idea. I was praying for the pitter-patter of tiny paws to find their way to me.

I see now I needed to be specific. Sure, the house was far from quiet today, but not in the way I hoped. Ten minutes after hubby left this morning I heard a load chirp.

"What was that?"

"Chirp!"

"Is that inside the house?"

"Chirp!"

"Seriously, what is that?"

"Chirp!'

At this point I could no longer ignore my new companion. Upon investigation, I discovered it was the shrill voice of the smoke alarm in the bedroom. Apparently, just wanting to let me know it's battery needed changing.

"Chirp!"

"Okay. I got it. But you are 13 feet in the air and I can't carry the ladder in here myself. So you're just gonna need to keep it down till hubby gets home tonight."

"Chirp!"

"Seriously? You're gonna keep this up all day?"

"Chirp!"

6 comments:

  1. This made me smile, cuz my smoke alarm did the same thing not long ago and I thought it was a cat toy, hahameow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been in our home almost 10 years now. It seems there's a new chirp everyday.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's enough to make you chirpy chirpy cheep cheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so funny. :)

    Thank you so much for your purrs and prayers for Tutu. They most certainly helped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We was outside on Mother's Day and Mommy kept hearing a chirp. Daddy thought she was nuts. Finally she went inside and it was the telephone answering machine!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! Did the noise seem even worse once you tracked it down?

    ReplyDelete