Thursday, May 17, 2012

Refreshing

We are taking this moment in time to do some refreshing in the house. Well, we're considering anyway. Yet it seems like every time we consider changing anything it is a struggle. By and large, Hubby and I have similar taste, so you would think it would be easy, but it never is.

We agonized for years over the color of the outside of our home. It seems we can't get a new comforter without needing to change everything from the carpet to the appliances. It seems a big jump right? But it's easy. Let me walk you through it.

So we'll change the comforter.
Wait, the paint doesn't match. I guess we need to repaint. We totally do!
Wait, the new paint wont match the curtains - Okay then, we'll change curtains too.
Hmm. Nothing matches carpet now - Well, it's got to go anyway. We can't afford to re-carpet. But we have to, it doesn't match anything anymore.
Gee, I wish that sofa could go too.
We really would need a new fridge before we can change the sofa.
Okay a new fridge then.
What color would we go with? Cream goes with what we have, but the stainless looks nice. We should probably replace them all. I mean they need to all match.
There's no way we can afford all that.
Okay no new comforter then. 

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Boy, do I know how simple redecorating can get out of control! Our massive kitchen-and-floor remodel started with one cantankerous old microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, Mom says glad to know it is not just them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I am familiar with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're preaching to the choir.
    I am FAMOUS for such decorating justifications.
    Just last fall we decided to get a new area rug in the living room.
    6 months later the total bill for the complete redo was more than many cars I've had.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm so glad I don't have a partner anymore to have to compromise with. It's taken me a few months just to decide on a paint colour for my bedroom...just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah! Just go with colour car crash? Takes away all stress :)

    ReplyDelete