Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Breaking Rules

I was starting to work on my first assignment for my class and I was really struggling. Since it's about embracing your imperfections I thought maybe I should just do the assignments very plainly - nothing fancy - just the facts. It didn't feel like me. It did not feel - happy. I don't want to feel like I have to be perfect, but I do want to be true to myself - and I am a sparkly and glittery person. I don't want to be that serious.

I've decided to embrace my inner rule breaker and make my art journal in an old book I'd bought years ago on the discard table for .25 cents. I gathered up all my pretty iridescent powders and placed it all in a pile for after work.

I was sitting at my desk this afternoon in a boring conference call and I looked over and... Yep friends I made my art tags in the middle of a conference call! I had more fun than anyone has a right to at work. An hour later my call was over and I'd completed my assignment. I was so joyful.

Sometimes breaking the rules, and a little glitter, is all you need.

4 comments:

  1. I always think of you when I see glitter.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie and the "Girls"October 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

    You Go Girl! Sounds like you earned an A+ on the assignment!

    ReplyDelete